1/3 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
1 (1 1/2 lb) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sweetcorn, drained
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place first six ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat, and puree the potato mixture with a potato masher.
- Stir in milk and seasonings, and return to heat.
- Add the cheese, and stir until melted.