You may have been hearing about induction cooking lately, but you may still be in the dark about what it actually is. Induction technology uses electromagnetic energy to transfer heat directly to your cookware. Since the cookware heats more quickly than on gas or electric cooktops, cook times are faster, meaning less energy is used. Plus, it allows you to instantly adjust the heat from a delicate simmer to a quick boil. Induction heat combines the benefits of gas and electric cooktops, offering you the power of gas and the easy cleanup of electric.
Cooks who are new to induction cooking will realize the benefits of induction immediately. It’s faster, has more responsive heating, more energy-efficient cooking, and easier cleanup. Here are some other features induction offers:
- Bring water to a boil in as little as 90 seconds
- 70% more efficient than gas and 20% more efficient than electric
- More responsive so you can instantly adjust the heat to a delicate simmer or bring it to a quick boil
- The sensors automatically detect the presence of magnetic cookware, activate the induction field, and adjust it to the exact size of the pan
- Heat is transferred directly to the cookware, so the cooktop stays cooler to the touch
Come to any of our stores to learn more and see the induction ranges and cooktops for yourself!